Saturday, March 12, 2011

Baby days are fleeting

So Anna is 11 months old now and the countdown to the end of her "baby days" is on. It's hard to look at her and remember that wee baby who would sit there and fuss to be picked up. She's a scooting (yup, still doesn't crawl traditionally), playful, willful girl.

She likes to play independently, but loves to be climbing all over us like her personal jungle gyms. When Daddy gets home from work, he doesn't dare walk into the house without picking her up quickly. She sits on the floor and bounces on her bottom, flapping her arms excitedly.

Language wise, we still mostly hear Mama. She has said Daddy and her newest one is "Ah Ah" which sounds like "Uh Oh" when someone drops something. I can't wait to hear what else she has to say.

She is my smallest baby yet, at 17 lbs 7 oz and wears 18 month shirts and 12 month pants.

Tooth #5 (top lateral incisor) is partway out and I can see #6 under the gums on the other side.

We've seen huge improvements with sleep and most nights she's up once or twice. Her best night yet was 8:30-5:00. She naps from 12:00-2:00.

The biggest frustration I'm dealing with is her newfound willfullness. She mostly refuses to sit on the potty so I'm having to come up with creative ways to capture her attention so she sits. I'm hoping this is just a brief 'pause' as I'm not thrilled to fight her over poopy diaper changes. It was so easy when I was catching most of her poops on the toilet. She's also stiffening up when it's time to get into her carseat.

Some of her favorite things are Daddy's ipod touch, oatmeal, her brothers and sisters, num-nums (breastmilk) and kisses. She gives the sweetest kisses, although I don't trust ones on the cheek as she bit me hard enough to bruise the other day!

No comments:

Post a Comment