Monday, September 27, 2010

First finger food


First finger food
Originally uploaded by sew_crafty_girl75
Well, Anna is 5 1/2 months old now and just over a week ago, we decided to see if she was interested in solid food. I hadn't planned to until she was 6 months old, but what the heck.

Applesauce was a hit, especially if she could guide the spoon to her mouth. So we went out and bought a booster chair and put her at the table at dinner time. Next came sweet potatoes which she loved to feed herself. Broccoli was ok. Oatmeal cereal mostly came back out. Bananas were yummy. Bananas with chicken mixed in...not so much.

After we started sharing our dinner with her for a few nights, I deicded to skip a night and see if she was happy to just play in her seat while we ate. Big mistake. She got mad! That's when I shared my broccoli with her.

I forgot just how much it sucks cleaning baby and seat up after a meal though. Our booster seat certainly isn't conducive to easy cleaning. If I ever see that Ikea highchair come back in stock, I'm grabbing it.

Sitting up still isn't consistent, but we practice a bit each day. She's really starting to roll, inch worm on her back and reach for things out of her reach.

This past week she's had her first major cold. It hasn't made her too miserable, just wanting lots of nursing and cuddles. Needless to say, I'm tired out each night. We've also kept her in our bed all night while she's not feeling well so I haven't been sleeping well. When Blake gave me an hour of sleep in time, without her in bed, on the weekend, it was glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment