Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sleep routine

I picked up The No Cry Sleep Solution from the library with hopes to start a sleep routine that doesn't always rely on mommy nursing baby to sleep and eventually heading towards less frequent night nursing (which I think is just twice nightly now) and easier day napping.

So tonight, instead of waiting until she got super cranky around 7:30-8:00 and both of us heading to bed for the night, I started getting her ready for bed at 6:30 when she started to fuss. She had not had an afternoon nap today. We got changed and I tried reading her a book in the chair upstairs but she fussed and squirmed so I took her to bed and nursed her. Snuck away and she woke up at 7:15 so I responded quickly before she fully awoke and nursed again. I snuck away and read my book in the chair. When she stirred again after a few minutes, I went to her and rubbed her belly, saying "shhh, night, night " and she went back to sleep.

It's now 8pm so I'll come back with an update on how the rest of the night goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment