Friday, April 23, 2010

Almost 2 weeks old!


1 week 4 days
Originally uploaded by sew_crafty_girl75
Anna is such a blessing. She's an easy going baby who hardly fusses as long as she's well fed and dry/clothed. Some nights she's in the bed all night with us and other nights she'll spend a few hours in her basinette. She goes anywhere from 2-4 hours of sleep at a time at night and generally has a long alert period in the morning and dinner time.

Her cord fell off yesterday and hopefully over the next couple of days everything will continue to heal up and she'll have a cute little belly button. Her poor skin is peeling like crazy now, despite using some Burts Bees lotion on her every few days after her bath.

Breastfeeding is going a lot better now. The first week was all about cracks and pain but that is getting better even though she doesn't open up wide enough for a really good latch because her gag reflex is very sensitive. Since she's eating so well and often, I've hardly had to deal with leaking or engorgement issues, unlike with my first babies who had a harder start with nursing.

As for my healing, it's much better this 2nd week. I still have a dark, moderate flow of lochia. My bottom seems to be healing well. I've have some incontinence issues which horrified me and makes me appreciate what Blake goes through with his Crohns. Embarassing to admit, but hey, it's something I never heard was possible post partum, so I want to talk about it and make other moms aware. I'm down about 1/2 of my pregnancy weight and am very pleased with how my belly looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment