Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What am I still doing pregnant?

Given my past history of 36 and 37 week births, I can't believe I'm sitting here, on week 2 of my mat leave and 38 weeks pregnant! Maybe I should've stayed at work and tempted fate.

So, in exciting 3rd trimester news, I lost my mucous plug last thursday...and saturday and sunday! I got all excited on Thursday because with W, I went into labour the next day. But, alas, that was not to be the case this time.

The birth supplies have been sitting and waiting to be used, this past week.

I'm finding random nesting duties to take care of, like oooh, the inside of the cabinet doors are dusty, must clean! Other days I just laze around and enjoy the perks of, well, being 9 months pregnant and allowed to laze around!

I'm pretty sure baby dropped yesterday as my peeing sure feels different and I can feel her moving down in my pelvis a lot more. In fact, I was having intermittent back pain all night so we thought I might be starting labour. Nope.

So here I wait, chugging back the Red Raspberry Leaf Tea and today I started 1000mg of Evening Primrose Oil orally. I'm hesitant to um..insert it because of reports that it can cause rupture of membranes and I definately don't want that to happen until I'm in active labour.

Only 3 weeks, give or take until I for sure have a baby in my arms!

1 comment: