Thursday, November 12, 2009

Anatomy scan


18wkscan1
Originally uploaded by sew_crafty_girl75
So today was my 18wk scan. Leading up to it, Jellybean was bouncing around like crazy all afternoon. I think my bladder is it's new trampoline.

I drank an OJ before going in just to make sure JB would still be awake and active.

It was amazing to see how big JB had grown since the last scan. It was bouncing all over the place. We got great looks at all the parts and my Peri described everything in detail as the tech measured.

Then he turns to us and asks us if we want to know the sex. We went back and forth and Blake left it up to me. I said "sure, if you're able to tell". This was the first time I've had the opportunity to find out.

We're having a baby girl! He's 51 to 49 in favour of that :) I think they'll double check at my 24wk-26wk scan where he wants to keep an eye on my uterus.

The girls are going to be thrilled when we tell them tomorrow night.

We bought the crib on our way home since BRU had a sale on. It's nothing fancy. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on something baby will only sleep on for 2 years.

Name will be kept a secret until her birthday!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! I am so happy for you! So glad everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete