Monday, October 19, 2009

2 appointments

I saw my Perinatologist this morning. He said I had a 'cheshire cat grin' and it was nice to see me looking so happy. I was expecting to have a huge weight gain and was pleased that it was only 3.5 lbs in 4 weeks, bringing me up to 13.5 so far, yikes!

Heartbeat sounded great. Fundal height is 15cm and the top of my uterus is right at my belly button now. Blood pressure was good. He did say the cervical swab he took at 11wks when I was bleeding, came back positive for Group B strep.

Then I saw the midwife tonight. We chatted a bunch about H1N1 vaccination. Went over my medical history. Had a listen to the HB again. 165BPM. She said what could be a roadblock in a homebirth for me would be my previous D&Cs, but since she, herself, had a homebirth after caesarean, she's an advocate for it. We would look at that further down the road. We talked about my diet, how I'm feeling, etc. She also reccomended I look into a Post Partum Doula since I have few friends and no family here.

U/S is 24 days and counting!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Wes was a HBAC - Although I had two plain ol VBACs before him.

    ReplyDelete