Monday, July 13, 2009

Back to work for a rest

Yesterday ended my first week of summer vacation with my kids.

We don't go very far during this week as the step-children are still in school, but it's nice just the same to have them with me for a whole week, since they live with their Dad.

We managed to get a few nice days in there and it felt so good to get out and into my garden after several days of rain. The original plan was to leave the flower beds in their original state for one more summer, but my green thumb was getting itchy. I was so happy to get out there and rip out the boring/ugly purple Rhodos and Escallonia shrubs the developer planted. My son (9) took charge as the master landscaper and it was a lot of fun.

Over the weekend, step-daughter had her 10th birthday party. A sleepover. It went a lot better than I had anticipated.

Tomorrow it's back to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment